Marketing, boiled down to its essence, is about crafting product and communications.
That held true in 1690 for Dom Pierre Perignon when word got around the palace of Versailles the blind Benedictine monk had combined stronger imported bottles and airtight corks with grapes from the northern most growing region of France. It also holds true today for Harry Winston over discrete invitations to select male customers in Tokyo's Midtown for first picking rights in a hidden VIP room.
The point is that combining art and science, marketing requires shaping communications to best position your brand among desired audiences to ultimately influence a result – a purchase.
The means of communication can take many forms: various media, word-of-mouth, social networks and the often overlooked, ubiquitous email.
The shear volume of emails crossing cyber-space from businesses via employees is staggering – and almost every single one is a marketing opportunity lost.
Imagine, as a 46,000 employee cruise company, each email leaving your business is wrapped with a controlled, branded message and/or call to action. As each is forwarded around and replied to, the exposure multiplies exponentially. Before long, you’ve generated as much reach and frequency as a national television campaign – with measurable click-through rates and among an audience you know is engaged with a pre-disposition or interest in your product.
The same effect would work for travel agencies. It’s a simple and easy process the folks at wrapmail can painlessly set up. They kindly developed the samples above.
- Ocean Adventure Anniversary Launch (prweb.com)
Your employees send e-mails everyday but none of the e-mails promote your business! This is what WrapMail does, and we do it without changing any routines on the desktop. With WrapMail every employee and every external email promotes your business and has links to your web-site built in. ALL recipients of e-mails either go on cruises or know someone who does! There is no limit to the number of Wraps that can be used and they can change based upon send, recipient, time, rotation or subject (to name a few variables).
There are many ways WrapMail could help a Cruise Line grow business with minimum effort, just taking advantage of all communications that the employees send every day:
• Promote the Cruise Line in general (build Brand Equity)
• Promote each vessel and destinations
• For people who have booked a cruise there could be a special wrap with more information about the cruise they are about to take (could include upgrade offers, special items for sale onboard from the boutiques or otherwise, spa-bookings, beauty salon bookings, excursions, etc)
• For people who have cruised before there could be a special Wrap with offers for future cruises, these could be timed to correspond with the time of year when they last took a cruise
• Introduce a friend via a wrapped email, could be done with a clickable link
• Travel agents could receive a special wrap or wraps (this could of course be in different languages based upon travel agent location)
• Wrap replies to e-mail inquiries promoting exactly what the prospect is inquiring about, as well as upgrades and special offers.
• Seasonal offers can be Wrapped in seasonal Wraps.
• Wrap-rules based upon clicks: WrapMail builds databases based upon clicks from recipients! Example: if people click on a Spanish flag in a Wrap, WrapMail has the intelligence to Wrap the next e-mail sent to that e-mail recipient in a Spanish Wrap. Similarly, should a recipient click on a certain ship in a Wrapped e-mail, the next e-mail they receive can be Wrapped with marketing information about that ship.
• Drawings and contests can be part of a Wrap, encouraging recipients to click to be entered into a contest (they could be encouraged through the contest entry click to take part in a survey that might ask “When do you plan to take your next cruise?”).
• Emails from cruise passenger could be wrapped in Cruise Line promotion
• Make every outgoing e-mail SELL, even e-mails from non-sales people
• Target follow-up communications to interest shown through clicks
• Cross-sell additional products/services
• Up sell (someone inquiring about a certain cruise package could be responded to Wrapped in an offer for the next level up)
• Drive people to your online store (and with the Instant Click Alert, WrapMail tells you when they enter your store!)
• Sell more to existing clients
• Gain new clients